Wondering how to boost your website ranking in a way that is natural and relatively easy? There are a few simple steps that can go a long way in helping you move up the SERPs. If you invest in help from an experienced, skilled Search Engine Optimisation specialists, you could realistically see a notable difference in your results.
From focusing on content to increasing your load speed and optimising for mobile, we have put together a list of the things that can make the biggest difference to your website ranking.
Effective Tips for Organic Website Ranking
Some of the things that can go a long way in helping your website ranking include the following:
- Deliver genuinely useful, high quality content. Content that answers questions or problems faced by your audience will always be seen as valuable. If your blog is filled with promotional articles, case studies and industry news that is only interesting to stakeholders, you are missing out on a chance to reach your ideal customer. Invest in professional SEO that incorporates content, or try using Quora, Answers or even your own feedback from customers to see what they really want to read.
- Write for people instead of search engines. As much as longtail keywords are effective for ranking, it does not help much if your keywords are used in a way that is forced and unnatural. If you cannot easily bring in a keyword without ruining the sentence, find one that is easier to use. Google’s Gary Illyes once tweeted that text should be read out loud. With voice search on the rise, it is more important than ever for content to make sense. While the jury is still out on whether readability scores such as Flesch are effective in the greater scope of things, your content should be easy for your target audience to read.
- Develop a cornerstone strategy. If you are using the same keywords over and over again, search engines eventually battle to know which page to rank. It may sound obvious, but cornerstone content has many other benefits besides diluting your potential results. It can also help you push longer length content (also great for SEO) by collating similar content with the same keyword into one massive guide rather than multiple short blog posts.
- Increase your page load speed. A faster loading page is one that can be ranked more effectively. This can often be a simple case of optimising images, or it can be a more complicated effort to clean up messy code, outdated plugins and other potential issues.
- Optimise for mobile. Responsive design is something that Google is taking very seriously after its last algorithm update. Simply put, if your website is not optimised for mobile, it will very likely end up losing its ranking.
Do you want to increase your organic rankings naturally on the SERP’s? If you do, leave a comment below or contact us.