If you have an online store, you will benefit from ecommerce marketing. It really is that simple – whatever the size or nature of your store, it is essential to have a plan in place that helps you not only increase your odds of success but also ensures a better experience for customers. This is a win-win for any business that sells products or services online.
Many e-tailers believe that ecommerce marketing is only for large shops that have an equally large budget. In reality, this type of marketing can be just as effective for small, local shops as it is for larger, global megastores.
Why Invest in Ecommerce Marketing?
Why should you consider investing in ecommerce marketing for your online store? Let’s take a look at the biggest benefits…
- Bring in new customers. Through strategies such as abandoned cart emails, exclusive offers, and email signup discounts, you can turn browsing customers into paying customers with a good digital marketing plan for your online shop. Without a detailed plan, you will struggle to convert that new customer.
- Retain current customers. Many shops focus their efforts on acquiring customers, without any thought to how to retain customers once they have made a purchase. There are also many strategies designed to reach current customers. When it comes to ecommerce, loyalty comes down to what you offer your customers, and how they are treated at your store.
- Upsell and cross-sell products. For both new and existing customers, upselling and cross-selling offer a way to increase sales. This can be done through remarketing campaigns on email, mobile and even search engine and social media ads, as well as on-site deals that are shown to customers as they check out.
- Reduce lost sales. Remember the abandoned cart emails we mentioned in our first point? According to Barilliance.com, the global average rate for 2016 was 77.24%. Some of the biggest reasons for cart abandonment include shipping costs, security concerns, confusing checkout, no coupons shown and various other factors. Ecommerce strategies are designed to reduce abandonment, reducing lost sales in the process.
- Increase order size. Finally, another way that an online shop strategy can help is that it increases the average order size and value. Strategies that achieve this include upselling, as well as unique discounts on larger orders, remarketing and various others.
If you are serious about growing your store, ecommerce marketing is sure to add value.