When you think of lead generation, you may not automatically think about genuine, authentic growth. Many people instead think about annoying autoresponders and passive-aggressive sign-up forms. Leads are an integral part of every single business however. Whatever the size or nature of your business, you cannot survive without customers. And, to acquire customers, you first need to attract leads.
With that said, there are a number of ways to generate leads. Lead generation refers to the various ways that leads can be nurtured. For those wanting real growth that is not obtained by dodgy practices or over the top email marketing campaigns, there are a few simple ways to grow your leads in a way that is more natural.
Grow realistically with these lead generation tips
Some tactics that may help you kick-start your lead marketing efforts include the following:
- Lead Segmentation. Tailoring your marketing efforts to specific groups can work wonders for growing leads authentically. By creating a lead strategy that speaks personally to your audience, you will be able to connect to them in a far greater way. This in turn has a far better outcome than a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
- Lead Scoring. Lead scoring allows you to nurture leads at every stage of their cycle. You can score leads according to numerous criteria, from demographics to engagement, buyer stage and level of engagement. You can also identify poor leads, which helps you focus your efforts on the leads that are more likely to convert.
- Social Media. While the goal of social may seem to be limited to growing a following, these tools can also help you grow your leads as well. Tools such as LinkedIn offer unique lead generation opportunities. Facebook, Twitter and even YouTube can also help you nurture authentic leads.
- Sales Funnels. Do you know how to nurture prospective leads at every point in their life cycle? The message and approach you use for brand new leads is seldom the same as it is for someone who has expressed interest without closing the deal. This comes back to understanding your audience as well as the overall lead process.
- Customer Service. It can also be effective to consider emotional motivators for lead generation. When your audience has a real connection to your brand, they are far more likely to convert. To achieve this, you need to provide a customer-centric approach that puts customers at the forefront of all your strategies.
Nurture your leads at every stage of the life cycle
The best way to ensure that your campaigns are targeted, smart and effective is to work with an expert who knows exactly how to nurture leads at every stage of the life cycle. To find out more about working with an experienced digital specialist who can assist with lead generation and many other strategies, contact me today.