In order to enhance your digital footprint online, you first need to start with a powerful digital branding strategy that offers a blueprint for your future success. As the internet continues to grow, branding has evolved into something that every single business (and even many individuals) can harness to get ahead.
While there is no doubt that there are countless benefits offered through digital branding, going about things in the wrong way can end up doing more harm than good.
When digital branding goes wrong
Just about anyone and everyone has a brand. Your brand could easily be working for you to grow your business or improve your personal brand. But it could also be working against you if you are making any of the following digital branding mistakes…
- Not investing in professional help. By far the biggest mistake is to not think about your brand at all. Or worse, hiring someone on the cheap. Investing in your brand means selecting a team of experienced digital brand specialists who know exactly how to take your brand to the next level.
- Badly chosen web domain names. It may not seem like a big deal, but a badly chosen domain name can affect your reputation in more ways than one. Aside from a lack of cohesion that comes from using a domain name that is different from your business name, it can also be disastrous if the name is confusing, hard to read or easily misread as something else.
- Poor quality design. Your website, logo and even your email signatures and business cards all work with your brand. Design is not just one element however. Instead, it is a broader look at your brand’s visual image and the message it sends out to people. A cheap, poor quality design makes you look cheap and unprofessional.
- Imitating your competition. Even worst than bad design, lack of help and a confusing domain name is an imitation of your competitors. Standing out should always be about being true to yourself – personally and as a business. If you cannot be yourself, you will never be able to develop a lasting brand.
- Forgetting to market your brand. Last but not least, many businesses and individuals forget that branding does not stop at development and design. You also need to consider how you will continue to promote your brand. This brings us back to the first mistake, of not getting help from a professional who is able to assist with all stages of your digital brand.
Interested in learning more about how to get started? Leave us a comment below, or leave your details on our Get Started page for help with digital branding.