Personal branding can add plenty of value at just about every point in your career. While you may associate branding with businesses or celebrities, it is fast becoming a powerful tool used by many professionals all over the world.
How you represent yourself can make all the difference when growing your business, expanding your career and finding new opportunities. When is it especially useful to think about personal branding though?
When Should You Consider Investing in Personal Branding?
Some of the times that it will be especially helpful to consider personal branding include the following:
- You are changing careers. Changing direction is always a good chance to get your name out there – especially if you are in the market for a new position. Branding yourself will help you create the kind of impression that attracts the sort of work you want to do once you decide to change your path.
- You are rebranding. On a similar note, you may be fresh on the job market after a long period of employment. Or, you may be making some other sort of change with your brand. Whether you have changed your name, logo, skills, goals, vision or mission, rebranding is the perfect opportunity for growth.
- You are moving to a new location. Another time that branding yourself is a worthwhile investment is when you move to a new location. In your hometown, you likely have a lifetime of contacts, along with a long history and a proven track record. In a brand new location however, you will need to position yourself to a whole new audience.
- You are starting a business. If you are planning to launch a new business, it can be very useful to consider branding yourself as an individual as well. This does not only apply to solopreneurs, coaches and professionals, either… you are essentially the face of your business, whatever type of business it may be. Your brand is every bit as important as your business’ brand.
- You are celebrating an achievement. Won an award recently? Skilled up with some brand new expertise that adds value to your offering? Branding is a great way to celebrate any achievements that you want to showcase, helping you position yourself in a way that gets you noticed for all the right reasons.
Open Circle Solutions offers a range of online reputation solutions, from digital PR all the way to personal reputation management. Get in touch or leave us a comment below to learn more about our personal branding offering.